Legal documents and internet rules
If you want to talk with us about your hosting needs, or simply because you want us to open an account by the phone, we can call you back at any time in 35 major countries. Just fill the form...
Here, you will find all the commercial technical and legal notes that we follow at GPLHost. Most of the rules are told by legaly recognised organisation like ICANN (Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers), and some are specific to our offer..
Selling condition :
- The GPLHost offer & special selling conditions
Rules applying for .com/.net/.org registration :
Rulles applying for your benefitsThe following rules apply to all our customers. Anny abuse or non-respect of the following can lead to your account being closed without further notification. This is YOUR guaranty that the service will run smoothly. Keep in mind the meaning of the word "share" if you are using one of our shared hosting servers, and do not hesitate to ask firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any (technical) questions. A technical solution is always possible for heavy loads.
1. Using FTPWe provide a storage area for you to fill up with web-page, either static or dynamic content. FTP area is not for exchanging data, it's provided only for transfering files to/from your web site.
2. Using MAILWe provide mail support for both recieving (pop) and sending (using pop before smtp auth). It's designed for your personal mail, and not at all for spaming. Spaming is completly forbidden. Commercial prospect is tolerated under certain conditions, like known and limited amount of recipient.
GPLHost is not responsible for any content in the mail you recieve (it can be viruses, spam or others, it's up to you to check and know if an email content is secure).
Because POP access is not secured, beware of using it because passwords are sent in clear text and can be listened over the network. If you want to use a secure solution, we provide an HTTPS webmail.
3. Using shared-hosting facilityRemember that other people are using the server at the same time as you. This means that you cannot use up all the resources for yourself if that would limit the use for others (for example, intensive SQL requests on shared-hosting is not a good idea, and for sure, if one of your scripts eats up all the CPU we will contact you soon). You are requested to limit your load of the shared servers to a reasonable use.
4. Backup your files.GPLHost cannot be held as responsible for any loss of datas. Each customer is responsible of his own files and data and can download them using the facilities and tools provided by our services.
We do provide backup areas for free, but each customer has to reclaim it in order to have it installed, and even so, we are still not responsable if we loose datas, it's just another protection.
1. Denial of serviceGPLHost is not responsible for any attacks to our services that would lead to a denial of service, or the slowing down of a server. More generaly we cannot be charged for any loss if a service is down. But of course, we do our best to have an up-and-running platform, and we react as fast as we can to any server-attack.
Our servers are kept up-to-date as fastly as possible concerning all security issues, but remember a completly secured server is never possible as soon as it is connected to the internet. But that it's always inevitably a matter of time to have it patched and secured against a specific attack.
Non-scheduled down-time is reduced to it's minimum by using efficient technologies (like raid and backups).
More over, any denial of service due to any of our upstream (hardware, facility or network) provider cannot be charged against us at anytime. GPLHost is only responsible for the service offered: software service management on top of our partner's hardware support.
Any gross security holes may be patched in the interests of securing the service for all. All our customer that didn't ask us to take care of security updates are strongly encouraged to use our standard software setup without any modification, to register the debian security mailing list, and to do the software updates accordingly to what has been installed.
2. Service abuseRunning a pornography server or something that is morally inappropriate or not admited in the country where the service is issued/targeted will not be tolerated. Website that conforms to what is admited by laws and if the customer owns the license and the rights of publication of the site content is accepted.
People using GPLHost service actively to originate spam WILL be shut down without any refund, and and all records will be willingly forwarded to local and international law enforcement as appropriate.
Services may be monitored by system administrators and authorised personnel without any prior warning. Giving the root password in any case can be mandatory, and refusal can be a reason for shutting down your server. Of course, privacy of any of our server content is one of our priority.